What's your dream job?
I bet you never thought your dream job could ever be to work as an administrative or executive assistant!
I certainly never thought it could be either until I started working as one.
I know what you're thinking. Working as an administrative assistant is not the first thing that pops into your head when you think "Dream Job".
You've probably never considered an administrative assitant as your dream job because of preconceived notions and stereotypes. Trust me, there's more to this job than meets the eye and it's truly evolved from the stereotype of yesterday's secretary.
Administrative Assistant Of Today
Today's administrative assistant, especially the ones that work remotely like I do, need to be computer and internet literate and are responsible for a greater array of complex tasks compared to the assistants of yesterday.
You're not just the support person who manages your client's work life. You are often THE first point of contact and the gatekeeper which means you can come in contact with a variety of interesting people and It's up to you keep things running smoothly.
It's a very satisfying feeling to have work that is not only fun but also intellectually challenging.
What are the typical tasks performed by an assistant?
Let's be clear! THERE IS NO TYPICAL TASK!
A day in the life of an assistant often involves juggling multiple projects at any given time. So in addition to being flexible to the daily changes you need to also be ready to move fast.
Examples tasks of an administrative assistant
- Keep a calendar organized and ensure your client has all the necessary information which can be challenging with a client who has a busy schedule and time slots that change fast and often.
- Organize travel and ensure all aspects of the trip are perfect: confirm your client is sitting in his/her favorite seat, has access to WIFI, a hotel near the airport and a taxi ready to pick him or her up.
- Research potential leads for your client.
- Unusual tasks or one off tasks that absolutely need to get done.
Now imagine doing all this online and remotely for a company! That's what my job is like.
Pretty cool, right?
Not Your Typical Dream Job
I'll be the fIrst to admit that working as an administrative assistant may not be your typical "dream job" but as someone who actually works as one at Prialto, I can assure you it should be because there are loads of benefits.
What are the benefits of being an assistant?
Besides personal satisfaction- there are many benefits to working as an administrative assistant.
- There is not a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.
- You get to interact with a variety of different, interesting people.
- You learn to use new tools and software that help keep your clients business running smoothly and efficiently (CRMs, Business Apps, Travel tools etc.)
- Did I mention the best part is you do this all ONLINE?
I almost forgot to mention that some executive assistants are tasked with using social media to keep their client’s connected online.
Yes, you read that right! You can actually get paid to manage a company's Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn account.
Since working for Prialto, I've been able to enhance my organizational skills, i've become a better problem solver, and I'm now a pro with technology and new trends.
But I think the biggest benefit of working as an executive assistant here at Prialto is having the support of a team behind me and being able to learn from some of the smartest people in business - you'll certainly be better prepared for the next step in your career if you work as an executive assistant at Prialto.
Nayeli Itza, Prialto Team Captain"