Today is Administrative Professionals Day, which was started way back in 1952 as "National Secretaries Week," and was originally held from June 1–7. Nowadays, it’s observed during the last week of April and is one of the most celebrated workplace holidays in many countries.
At Prialto, we know how hard administrative professionals work to help executives, teams and founders products and services, grow business, and achieve work life balance. After all, it’s what our team of highly skilled virtual assistants do every day.
Make it a celebration!
So, what are some ways you can honor and celebrate the hard work of your key team members? Last year in our Guatemala Service Center we threw a massive party wherein every employee received a succulent plant as a gift and enjoyed additional festivities with food, drinks, and social time. In our Manila Service Center, we honored each of our Prialto virtual executive assistants with a happy little box that held a customized mug with their name on it.
- “Prepare their favorite meal” and “surprise them with a catered lunch or breakfast at work. Extend the invitation to their family to make it extra special.”
- “Engage in a desk swap” and “allow your admin to take a long lunch on the house, get a massage, or unwind for a bit in the corporate coffee shop while others cover the desk
- “Build-your-own gift certificates” and “pack it with coupons like one free coffee, one extra long lunch hour, a catered meal of your choosing on the house, or $50 toward office goodies and trinkets.”
- “Enlist the whole team” with “company-wide recognition from every coworker will show your admin just how much everyone in the organization appreciates their work.”
- “Plan a dinner on the house” and “leave the business talk at home and get to know your team through meaningful conversation.”
- “Invest in learning” and “consider sending your admins to relevant workshops and conferences. There are numerous events centered around leadership trends, women in business, or fostering employee engagement through training sessions.”
You can get more details by reading the full post.
But why just one day?
At Prialto we believe strongly that administrative professionals such as our virtual executive assistants deserve respect and appreciation year-round. We put a lot of effort into making sure each of our virtual assistants feels esteemed every day.
"I just wanted to wish you all a Happy Admin Professionals day! I am so extremely grateful to be able to work with a group of wonderful and hard-working individuals. Each one of you help to keep the company running smoothly and are miracle workers! I hope you all have a wonderful day and again, THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!"
- Longtime Prialto Member / Executive at a enterprise technology company
Among the many ways we show our appreciation throughout the year include promoting internally, re-hiring former employees who are exceptional, and rewarding long-term employees with amazing vacations and extra PTO.
We are adamant about giving every virtual executive assistant who works for us ample opportunities to develop their professional skills and enhance their career through continued learning, mentorship, and growth incentives (to name a few). Their success is our success. We do everything in our power to make sure they know that! They deserve the best.
WANT TO HIRE A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT? CONTACT US TODAY...AND GET READY FOR BUSINESS GROWTH.